Monday, October 5, 2015

Circle Dream and Book

Resume the position.. It's like we never left
I went to Disneyland this weekend. It was a fun adventure, but I'm happy to be home. An hour after being home, I ordered groceries online, the kids put on Disney Junior, and I'm blogging, so once the food arrives, it will feel like we never left.
Friday morning, after taking off for Orange County, I received an email from the library letting me know my books came in. "Mother fucker, I missed out on new reading material for the trip!" I very foolishly thought to myself.
Not having any reading time on vacation shouldn't have been a surprise, since I know I sleep much worse on vacation. The kids insist on sharing a bed with me, so I'm buried under their bodies, barely able to get enough oxygen to stay alive. One kid lays over my stomach and another on my chest with their arm splayed over my face. Lights out by 8pm, or whenever we manage to get in the room, makes reading impossible, but its the only way to not be an unbearable grouch after George wakes us up at 5:00am.
This morning I woke up from a dream where I was eating myself out. It was very bizarre, and not even sexual. I was talking to somebody, it might have been my husband or sister, and then I realized I could eat my own box. I told them in some way, "Go ahead, I'll meet up with you," thinking it wasn't obvious I was going to further explore my newly learned trick.

My library is closed on Mondays, so we'll pick up the books tomorrow. One of the books I'm getting is Dave Eggers' The Circle because two hosts on NPR were talking about it last week. I resisted reading The Circle because Heartbreaking Work Of A Staggering Genius is one of my top 5 worst books, mainly because of that God awful title. The two hosts chatted up The Circle, and hooked me, so I figured I better read it before Danny Boyle makes it into a movie.
After I woke up from my dream, I tried to think of the meaning. I figured it had to do with The Circle. Heartbreaking Work of a Staggering Genius is basically 375 pages of Eggers sucking his own dick, plus a circle reminds me of a snake eating its own tail, and eating myself out is sort of circular, I'm just starting in the middle, in an amazing feat of flexibility, and starting with my box instead of my feet shows my preference with diving into dessert before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment