Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dreams Of Making A Pizooki


I read its common to eat a lot of sugar after quitting booze, and I'd say, thats spot on for me. My newfound love of milk shakes and frequent baking with the kids has increased sugar intake a thousand percent. I'm filling in the void for millions of beer calories with millions of cookies, ice cream and cake calories. It's not so bad, and I guess, softens the blow. The kids are happy because we spend a good portion of our afternoon making a disaster in the kitchen trying to master the Pizooki.
At night, I'm having frequent dreams that I'm out getting wasted with old friends and family. I wake up, unsettled from having just raged in my dreams, then realize I don't have a killer headache, and I'm not coming to from blacking out.
In my latest dream, I'm at a bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Under the bright lights of the adult playground, I gaze longingly at a fridge full of beer, and my sister says, "It's okay, Alicia. Go ahead and drink. It's just for tonight." With mild hesitation, I join in, grabbing a can of cold beer.
I told my sister about the dream, and she laughed, saying "Oh my god, I would say something like that!" After forewarning me to stay strong under those circumstances, she filled me in on similar dreams she is having.
My sister isn't drinking because she is pregnant, and funnily, she's also having dreams of kicking back beer like Janis Joplin. She wakes up feeling guilty, and then realizes, "I have nothing to feel bad about! I was not actually getting my fetus drunk, just dreaming about it!"
I imagine a fetus has a similar tolerance for IPA as me, he'd probably get a drip of alcohol in his blood and try to punch himself out of her uterus. After accomplishing whatever self destructive war path he was set on, he'd ball hysterically, thinking how nice things were, and now he's out in the real world, and can't go back.
At this point the baby is overcome with defeat, and it's nice to give him words of encouragement. "You've come a long way, baby. And you have a long way to go!" The baby tokes from his lit Virginia Slims, shaking his hanging head, looks up, squinting from the bright sun, and breaths in his new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment