Thursday, October 22, 2015

Alien Light


Last week I woke up in the middle of the night, and saw a light glowing in the backyard. I didn't have my glasses on, so my mind went to worst case scenario; aliens.
I retreated back to my bedroom because I have no desire to make alien contact. I learned this after watching one too many (which is one) Unsolved Mysteries about The Allagash Abductions, and regretfully reading an article about a person who woke up from a horrific nightmare of being probed and prodded, and looked down to see she was wearing lavender underwear that don't belong to her. Later finding out the underwear belong to someone living on the other side of the country, who also woke up disoriented and bewildered, not wearing underwear that belong to her. A snafu that surely led to an alien loosing it's job. The firing manager, says, "Sorry, Freddo, but this position is all about the details."

When the sun was up, and I felt certain a space craft wasn't in the yard, I walked out to find the kids' flashlight laying in a puddle of rain water at the bottom of their water table. What a relief, and what an amazing flashlight!

I'm going to go watch videos about kittens to scrub alien Googling from my mind. Now I know what to do next time I'm looking to stay awake and get things done. I'll google search alien abductions. I'll be up all night cleaning my house, reading books, catching up on the Rom Coms with low Rotten Tomato scores I've been putting off. So tonight, when I go to close my eyes and I'm greeted with images of men cradling alien babies, I think I'll start by cleaning the neglected baseboards. Who am I kidding? Crappy Rom Coms, here I come!




No comments:

Post a Comment