Friday, October 30, 2015

Song In Our Head




Kiki and I were walking through Target looking to get drinks for the house. I'm addicted to La Croix, and wanted to buy 80 cans, so I'd be stocked up till Christmas. She wanted lemonade. As we walked to the drink department, Kiki started singing, "Milk, Milk, Lemonade."
I knew she didn't know the next line of the song, which goes, "Around the corner fudge is made," because I stop myself before singing it. The song is highly addictive. I've only heard it once in my life, and its been playing in my head ever since. It's an ongoing layer of sound that is only muted when it's buried by more noise.
I looked around hoping no one caught her singing, since it would appear I play her for-mature-audiences-only songs about female evacuations. No one caught it.

This afternoon we made Play-Doh creations. A long serpent was coming out of the Play Doh press. I said, "It's going to be as long as an anaconda!"
Kiki said in amazement, "As long as an anaconda?"
Then I started to sing, "My anaconda don't want none..." I stopped myself, and finished the rest of the song in my head, "Unless you got buns hun." It was a nice reprieve from "Milk, Milk, Lemonade."

No comments:

Post a Comment