Friday, February 27, 2015

Snot Nosed Kids

Snot nosed, not booger nosed. There is a difference.
My mom once threw up when watching Americas Funniest Home Videos. It was a clip of a toddler picking his nose and then sticking his booger finger into his sleeping baby brother's mouth. As the audience laughed and laughed, my mom was barfing in the toilet.
My brothers and sisters and I were not going to let this go, and we brought it up when my mom was driving us around the next day. My brother was describing the booger picking and the defenseless sleeping baby who was assaulted with the disgusting gift. My mom was shouting for him to stop, and then she started gagging. She didn't throw up, but was brought right to the point where it would have happened, if my brother didn't show some pity.
I inherited my mom's weak stomach, and they like to tell stories of how I ruined many a social event by barfing my brains out when confronted with something disgusting. One story is of how the dog diarrhea pooped in the car because he was car sick driving up the winding mountain road, and I was so disgusted from the smell we could not escape, that I started puking. So my dad had to clean up dog doo covered up with vomit.
For the most part, I have grown a much stronger stomach and don't have an involuntary reaction to blow chunks when something grosses me out. There is an exception, when little kids have a big green snotty booger in their nostril.
Even when I see it in my own kids, I screech as I rush to get a tissue to get it out of their nose, and out of my sight. The worst is when I am at music class and its someone else's kid, someone who is oblivious to the repulsiveness. There is no escaping it, and I can only just try to not look at the kid because I will likely have a face of complete disgust.
Last year I went to National Pancake Day at IHOP with a mom's group, and this woman came in with her two kids. One blew a giant snot bubble and sat in her seat with a giant booger on her face. I could have barfed right there. I could barf right now thinking about it. National Pancake Day is forever ruined.
This entire post is making me want to barf. No more booger talk. Thankfully cold season coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment