Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cell Phone Lock Up: Do not collect $200

These 2, being reflective.
My blissful ignorance is not feeling so blissful. I blame it on Internet History reminding me how much I’d greatly benefit from a Cell Lock-Up. However, I need a Lock Up that fits a cell phone, desktop and a laptop (Shark Tank idea!) I was talking to my mom about my sads, and she passed on some words of wisdom. She said, “Alicia, don’t get in your head about these things. You know, people are being held prisoner in sex trade, and you are worrying about this.” 
She certainly has a way of putting things in perspective. I have been walking around for two days feeling nauseas by memories that are Frankenstiened together. Physically reacting to thoughts that are so fucking embarrassing a punch in the face would be a nice relief from having to think about it.
Baby George, who is beginning to talk, loves to shout, “Oh, man!” He’s learnt this from hearing me say it throughout the day. I shout, “Oh, man” as a reaction to thoughts popping into my head. It’s like Charlie Brown’s “Good grief!” It can be a reaction to an article I am thinking about, or having to send a text, or considering to possibly write thank you cards for all the Christmas gifts, an ongoing list of shit that gives me grief, albeit, minor grievances in relation to sex slavery.
My mom admits that putting personal issues in perspective with world issues is easier said than done. She says, “Sometimes I can think about a comment from a conversation 30 years ago and it will keep me up all night.” This is probably why she recommends taking NyQuil to get to sleep.
Luckily my daughter listens to Frozen’s “Let It Go” song all the time, and it's an uplifting anthem for someone who seems to have a hard time letting things go, or like Charlie Brown, seems to not learn from hundreds of attempts at kicking a football, that Lucy is going to pull it away. Charlie Brown, the eternally optimistic who comes off more dumb than he should (We saw you reading Tolstoy, Charlie!)

Will he ever learn?

 Last night I poked my charging cell phone on the bedside table. The screen lit up and I read an alert from Twitter, “Execution following hostages being burnt alive.” I immediately wished I didn’t check my phone. I don’t want to go to bed after reading this sad shit. It's this sadness that really makes a Phone Lock Up appealing because ultimately, I'd like to go to bed a blissful ignorant to the world, even if it means I have to fall asleep in a heavy, non-breathable blanket of my own thoughts. I have the next morning and entire day to reflect on the awful things going on in the world.
My future birthday present

No comments:

Post a Comment