Friday, March 25, 2016

White Pants Surrong

Protecting my pants
My mom told me after my little brother turned four, she started wearing white again. The entire decade before she was birthing and rearing, so wearing white was out of the question because even the most anal of children will have a Pig Pen dust cloud following them.
I watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and am influenced by Yolanda's super style. Before Erika, she was the only one who didn't look like she was parading in a Spanish Flamenco Fiesta and lost her sombrero.
I bought white pants because Yolanda always looks like a bad ass in hers. I put mine on, and felt like a bad ass as well. After picking up Kiki, we came home midday, I knew I was in serious threat of being swiped by a grubby paw, used as a tissue for a runny nose, or as a very convenient face towel.
When we sat outside, I looked at the lawn chairs, if the kids didn't get me, the furniture certainly would. I went back inside and grabbed a towel that I wrapped around my waist like a fashionable surrong, or Fabio's everyday wear.
Kiki looked at me like I was confused, but she didn't think too much about it, seeing as how she often wears a skirt underneath a dress just because.
My pants made it through the afternoon unscathed. I kept the white pants surrong on as we drove to the pool, and then I used it as a towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment