Monday, March 28, 2016

Electric Stove

Working
When I watch House Hunters International, the Americans always want to maintain their Texas lifestyle in the center of a metropolitan city, so there is nonstop griping about the apartment not being 4,000 square feet and consistent bafflement about the toilet being in a separate room from the shower. Every freaking episode, this is highlighted as peculiar. Maybe one day someone will do their homework, and see the toilet room, and say, "I've heard about this. It's sort of smart to separate the two, so one person can shit while another person showers." Aside from apartment size being less than palatial, and wall color being the undesired shade, there is usually a request for enough toilets for each family member.
After moving to Sacramento and renting a house with four bathrooms, I vow to not move into another home with that many bathrooms until I'm rich enough to hire someone to clean them. The crazy thing about toilets that aren't being used is they get dirtier faster than toilets that do get used. I was constantly cleaning bathrooms that were never even used.
Another common request on House Hunters International is for a gas stove because of chef sensibilities and having better temperature control. The perk to the four bathroom house was it had a very nice electric stovetop. Instead of having to lift metal grates to scrap every crumb or splash, the entire stovetop is cleaned in a single swoop. Ten seconds of work compared to five minutes, really, it's no-brainer. Excessive cleaning is for the birds, or people who get paid actual money for it.
There are the people who enjoy cleaning, in which case I sort of salute you. I would perhaps encourage you to find more exciting things to do. It reminds me of my sisters coworker who is a health nut and equally body conscious. My sister said she asked her how she stays so thin, and she said she chews her food thirty times before swallowing. I couldn't help but say, "She must be marvelous lunchtime conversation." I picture her bopping her head from side to side with each chew as she counts up to thirty and then swallows. It would be like talking to a wall.
Lately cooking has been tiresome, and it might be from all the dishes, although I do think I should freshen up my recipe cycle. Come to think of it, I might fit right in on House Hunters International. My list of requirements is getting long. I'd like a house with a pool, a chef, and a cleaning person. That's it, really. Oh, and I'd like the walls to be a light grey color. And thats it!

No comments:

Post a Comment