Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Plumber and The Lotto

We Already have A Plan
Today the plumber came by to fix leaks in the shower and bathtub. As he was filling out the invoice we started chatting about LA, which led to Chino Hills, which led to the 1.5 billon dollar Power Ball winner. He said, "If you win the lotto this is what you do..." Blah, blah blah.
He was talking about interviewing lawyers, financial analysts and setting up a business to shield your winnings, then with his "team" locked in, go public about winning.
Excusez-moi, I already know how I will handle things when I win the lotto. I didn't want to say, "Fuck that! I'm taking the lump sum, paying off all my shit, and then moving to Buenos Aires for a couple months. After I get bored, I'll come back, and take all my family on a cruise around the world. After a year on a boat with each other, no one will want to see me again, so I'll be able to keep all my money stuffed under my mattress. I'll be the opposite of the Princess and the Pea, the lumpier the mattress, the better I'll sleep."
As the plumber filled out the invoice, I had to smile and nod, "Yes. Yes. Yes. Tell me more!" Acting happy to be word-fucked by him because he had the power to all of sudden say, "I've been here for five hours. You see the 3 minutes after the fourth hour, that counts as an entire hour, so why don't you just hand over one of your kids as payment."
After he handed me the bill, for three hundred and fifty dollars, I wrote the check, and ceased the chatting, with an effective, "Adios."
Money well spent for the Almond Lovers cause, and perhaps it was a tad late in the game since it's been raining in buckets, but I will take the good will and parlay it into good lotto karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment