Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Backpack

Now it's my turn to use the backpack
My mom gave the kids backpacks. Kiki's has a Doc Mcstuffins decal and George's has a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles decal. Kiki opened hers first and George was ecstatic at the possibility of having a Doc backpack too. He pulled his backpack out of the gift bag, and looked terribly disappointed.
My mom noticed, it was hard not to. George played the moment with the expected graciousness of a two year old. He said, "I want Doc!"
My mom tried to make his backpack look appealing, "Look how cool this Ninja Turtle is!"
He just stared longingly at Kiki's bag. I was half expecting him to snap, "What the fuck is a Ninja Turtle, Grandma?"
Kiki agreed they'd share backpacks, and the crisis was averted.
And thats the story. Now I'm craving pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment