Monday, December 7, 2015

Juice Cleanse



I'm on a juice cleanse which was not so bad, but then I went to the mall, and sat in the food court as the kids ran around the play area. I spent most of the time gazing upon a wall size picture of a ColdStone Ice Cream Cone. This evening, after feeding the kids, I felt hungry. It's nice to feel hunger, a rare feeling. Maybe it's because I work from home, so I'm a victim to continuous snacking. I'd hardly call this cleanse starvation based, since there is a juice every two hours, but I'm glad it's only one day long.
Last night, I finished the book To Live by Yu Hua. It is a steep decline into tragedy. After finishing the book, I closed it and thought, "Well, that was likely the most depressing life story I could ever think up." The book is amazing, and after finishing, I was overcome with dread thinking of how awful things could be. I was worried to have these thoughts on my mind, and I wished to wipe them away. Since I don't have the Men In Black mind eraser laser, I  resolved the greatest thing to take from the book is tremendous gratitude for my life.
Someone once told me they were worried about their wife turning fat because after seeing his mom-in-law he feared her gigantic size was genetic. Naturally, I felt uncomfortable, and I didn't know how to comfort him. I said, "Everyone gets fat. You can either beat yourself up over it, or choose to be happy."After reading To Live, and the accounts of barely surviving starvation, its a lesson on how much stupidity there is in obsessing over ten pounds. Really, being ten pounds overweight is something to celebrate.
Perhaps it's the clarity from not having gobs of processed sugar and caffeine pumping through my veins by this time in the evening, but I'm certain my desire to drink juice today in an attempt to loose five pounds was stupid. Since I have so much to grateful for, I'm planning a breakfast to celebrate; pancakes with loads of cream and berries covered in a heavy pour of maple syrup and a side of delicious, slightly crispy, bacon, with a giant mug of black coffee. It will be glorious, maybe we'll wear party hats*, and unbutton the top button of our pants.

*Side Note: Last night Kiki started talking in her sleep. She said, "Are you wearing a party hat?" Her eyes flittered open, I replied, "Yes, I have on a party hat."
Then, half asleep, she patted the top of my head, and said, "Your head is your hat."
I snorted, so amused by her half asleep chatter, and it snapped her fully awake for a moment. She became embarrassed and pulled the blanket up over her smiling mouth. I turned my back to her and closed my eyes, so she'd fall back to sleep instantly.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for trying out a juice cleanse :) I know I always feel refreshed and re-energized afterwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete