Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Croissants and Dragons


Don't call up Le Cordon Bleu, just yet. I'd say my plain croissants were a tad burnt on the bottom. What started as a naive idea to bake a croissant turned into a two day project, and in the end I made delicious, flakey, buttery croissants, and pan au chocolat.
I'd say the effort I put into these beauties make them taste like liquid gold, so its understandable that I've already consumed 5 pan au chocolate and 1 plain. 
I might have only eaten three by now if it weren't for the kids abandoning theirs after taking a tiny nibble. They had an urgent calling to make a raft (out of pillows) and float on the lake (our blue carpet) looking at the clouds (recessed lights). 
When we started breakfast, we sat around their plastic picnic table. An airplane flew overhead, and we stopped chewing to listen. I said in a hushed voice, "Do you guys hear that?"
And George whispered, "Theres a dragon coming."
I burst out laughing. After they got up to play, I watched them while sipping coffee and eating croissants. I thought of this as a croissant moment, Golden, solid gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment