Monday, December 14, 2015

Pee Flight


Anxiety from not getting aisle seat... 
I was laying in bed and felt like I had to pee. I didn't really have an urge to pee, more like an urge that I should pee. I went to the bathroom, but no pee came. I went back to bed, and still felt like should pee, so I went back to the toilet, hoping to get this pee taken care of. Again, my attempt was unsuccessful. I decided to try again before falling asleep.
This was what all my pee attempts were trying to prevent, though. I didn't want to have to get up to pee, as I was nodding off to sleep while reading my book. Without having concern about peeing, I'd be able to drift off to sleep, so soundly. But, by not peeing, I was nagged that my sleep had potential to be disturbed.
I'm Werner Erhard's perfect example of a person who lets their bladder dictate their state of mind. An entire plane ride is a mental discussion on if I have to pee, and when I should do it, only if I'm not sitting in an aisle seat. When I'm sitting in the window seat, I feel trapped as the other passengers in my row sit down, and my mind begins talking to me, "I think I have to pee..."
I talk back, "Well, were going to need to wait awhile because there are three adults next to me, and it is a huge inconvenience to get up to use the bathroom."
Here comes the voice again, "umm, yes I definitely have to pee. You better go to the bathroom before these people next to you all pull out laptops and order rum and cokes."
"I don't have to pee, you're just being difficult." I retort.
"Were going to be taking off soon. Go pee because it could be 45 minutes till the "fasten seat belt" light comes off." The voice presses.
"then there will be a line of ten people, and the first one in line will take a stinky dump and then stand up to pee all over the toilet seat." I get on board with the voice.
"See, I told you, You have to pee." The pesky voice.
"Alright, you're right. You're always right." I concede.
"I know. You shouldn't make things so hard on us."

After reading my book for another twenty minutes, I was able to go pee, and then fell asleep. Well, first I had to go check on George because I knew the voice wouldn't leave me alone till I went and made sure he was sleeping soundly.
I looked at him, snoring under the nightlight, "Just as I thought, safe and sound."
"Well, now you can be sure. Aren't you glad you checked on him?"
"Yes, now it's time for bed."
"Good night." I'm happy this voice lets me get any sleep at all.

Broken Baby Monitor


No comments:

Post a Comment