Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Sound of A Retelling

Doe a deer...
My mom, Kiki and I were watching The Sound of Music. Kiki started going crazy, trying to do back flips off the couch. I assumed she was getting overtired since it was close to 9 pm. The movie went to intermission and I took Kiki to bed. I accidentally fell asleep with her so I missed the second half of the movie.
The next morning, my mom came downstairs and poured herself a cup of coffee. She was exceptionally sing songy and attributed it to the movie she began praising immediately. After sitting with her cup of Joe she said, "Alicia, you must watch the rest of the movie." Then, told me the second half in such detail it exceeded the actual length of the film.
As I was making breakfast for the kids, surfing the web and drinking coffee to keep awake, I listened to how the Von Trapp family left Austria with sound effects and best attempts at singing the songs.
At times I found myself laughing out loud from this hilariously unnecessary retelling, but my mom thought I was laughing at the humorous story line, and would say, "I know, Alicia. It's that great."

I really enjoyed the first half of The Sound of Music. My only complaint is Friedrich von Trapp's performance seemed a bit over the top. I'm looking forward to the second half of the movie, but I need to wait a couple months to forget a good portion of what my mom told me. The closing punchline will never escape my memory because of my moms reenactment of nuns holding up wires they stole from nazi cars, immobilizing them and allowing the Von Trapps to successfully escape. Watching my mom mimic the nuns, her shoulders up high with her hands in front like a kitten on its hind legs, was so good she could have easily played Friedrich. She'd need some singing lessons though.

No comments:

Post a Comment