Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Mad Men Coat

When Mad Men started in 2007 Kate Spade stock must have sky rocketed because that show is basically what she imagines the world to look like. I picture KS wondering around her house with a
martini in hand wearing one of those crazy ostrich feather hats on her head, looking like she just stumbled out of a Breakfast at Tiffany’s themed costume party. Its so over the top and maintaining a look like that shows serious class and sophistication. I say FUPA way too much to feel like such a classy lady. Just the other day I said the super ladylike post sex comment, “That was a queef, not a fart.” Good god, whoever farts during sex can just pack it in and call it a life because they are fucking helpless.

I bought this jacket at a senior center about 10 years ago. I really love the color, feminine collar, sleeve length, and the big buttons, however I never wore it! I think I was hesitant to dress it down, but it certainly is a pretty coat and very Mad Men.
 
To modernize the look, class it down, I paired it with a romper and Ray Bans. Got to be careful with those rompers though. Eat half a sandwich and then a FUPA explodes out on you, like an unexpected flat tire. Needless to say, not a great beer-drinking outfit, but then again, this look is for martinis and chain smoking, classy stuff.


The coat is for sale on my eBay site for $50. I was going to make it cheaper, but then I googled the brand, and it is some high quality shit, Pendleton. I might even keep the fucker now, especially since it is made from “virgin wool” which sounds pretty... gross, actually. Link to eBay sale


No comments:

Post a Comment