Thursday, November 27, 2014

Holiday Season Glitter Metallic Suit of Armor

Suiting Up
Ding ding dong, or, dong dong dong. Either way (ding with a side of dong, or dong with a side of dong), holiday season has officially begun. It is Thanksgiving. The next month is an absolute shit show of endless parties, and the fun of dressing up for the festivities. Now is the time to wear all the metallic and glitter in your wardrobe, and by the time January 1st rolls around there will be metallic burn out. Nonetheless, by next Thanksgiving an insatiable jonesing to dazzle in head to toe glittery sparkly shit will come out of nowhere.

I hate this time of year because on the surface it is the time to let loose and show all your office friends the “real you,” but in reality it is the only time hob nobbing with the higher higher ups is acceptable so its time to pull on the serious pants and act like a career oriented bitch. Not going to happen because of the open bar. I am the person who goes to a party to drink, so a holiday work party is my worst nightmare. I am the woman dancing with a lampshade on her head as all my colleagues look on in judgmental pity.
The face of a woman about to go wild!
The two months following my inevitable scenes of embarrassment are usually filled with shame and regret which add to the post holiday blues, but at least I know I was dressed for the occasion. Maybe my “dancing by myself” dance moves made it a little too clear to my boss’s boss’s boss that I am le freak. The mask comes off this time of year, and I guess the “real me” might be a bit much for all my stuffy ass office mates.
Holiday parties suck balls because the concept of letting loose is really all a sham and there are expectations of being supremely proper. The open bars always do me in and I end up a source of gossip for months. Bad publicity is still publicity, and Im looking good while I act like a fool, so ha! Plus, I am having loads of fun, even though it comes off as desperate and sad to people who seem to have their shit together. But they are just jealous, and I really mean it! They can’t ever let loose, it’s a control problem. The real them is buried too deep under their cute little business suits. I put it all out there, and it might be ugly to see, but I wrap it up in sparkles and glitter to make it a little more dazzling than disastrous.

Happy holidays!! Let the shit show commence!
Glitter looks good the next morning

No comments:

Post a Comment