Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Denim Jacket Search


I scored my favorite denim jacket a while back for only $3. The synched shoulders and short length are cutesy and the color screams Canadian Tuxedo. It’s a jacket made for a teenage witch or a teenage girl of the late eighties who worked at a mall, crimped her hair and wore Guess jeans that came up to the middle of her back and gave her a glorious camel toe. So perfect for me because that is the look I am striving for, sans the crimped hair. I don’t have time for that shit; I just do a little mousse and scrunch.

I bought another denim jacket before finding the one I actually love and wear. This jacket was described to me as Montana lesbian chic. After I looked at it on the hanger, I started to agree completely. I imagine this jacket’s owner to be a woman who wore it during April, May, October and November. She would clean it perfectly at the end of each season, and then put it in storage for 6 months later. In my head she has long curly brown hair, and goes on long walks in grassy meadows aside a wooden fence with a backdrop of mountains and a black Labrador is following her. A great look for any woman of the 90’s but a fail for the hipster look I’m striving for.

The reason why this jacket looked jacked up on me was because it came to above my knees and I like to flaunt my goods. Both jackets are a size large but extremely different in fit. If I were a tall skinny person, the Montana jacket would work, and make an excellent winter coat because it is heavier than a quilt. Since I do not want look like a denim snowman I have to wear a jacket that shows there is shape to my body, ending just below my waist. Lucky for me I do not live somewhere where buckets of snow come down during the night. The short jacket with a scarf and hat looks bodacious without catching a chill. The hat and scarf compensate for my see through leggings. Just joshing, my sexy sheer leggings are too cold for winter months, although I’d doubt CEO of American Apparel would slag off women for wearing his too tight leggings. He’s a total perv, though.

Moral of the story, sometimes you buy some shit that ends up being a big time mistake, and it usually goes back to the thrift store it came from. Luckily it is just a $3 loss! So total investment to finding my dope ass hipster denim jacket is $6, a fucking bargain! I bet my awesome jacket would sell for $50 at a vintage clothing boutique, and if I weren’t such a bad ass thrift store shopper I’d have been tempted to pay that steep ass mark up!


I still have the Montana jacket. It could work for a cold ass climate, someone seriously adventurous, a super model, or a man. I put it up on my eBay site for $15. Shipping is a bitch for this because it feels like it weighs at least 10 pounds. Link to eBay sale



No comments:

Post a Comment