Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stupid Tweet!

Why did I bring up "Lets Talk About Kevin"
I wrote a tweet in response to a movie critic's tweet. I misinterpreted what he said, and went on a semi rant. Afterwards I felt stupid, and gave the embarrassed, blushed cheek emoji. I have not been to the movies in three years, so I am not sure why follow movie critics on Twitter. I watch a movie, maybe once a month, and the less dramatic the better. Primarily I watch romantic comedies. I don't even care if the comedy is cheap laughs with a bunch of guys jerking each other off, or taking poops in the garden. I consider it a time void of thinking.
Last year I watched a movie called, Let's Talk About Kevin, and I nearly died sitting on my couch as the horrific story unfolded. In the end I felt like I needed to go take a shower, cry, take another shower, and then lay awake in bed, staring at my ceiling until the sun comes up. After that, I figured the comforts of my personal bubble don't need to be disrupted by deranged stories, and I should stick to lighthearted shows that make me feel warm and fuzzy, and unfortunately, slightly stupid. Poop jokes are really dumb, but for some reason the involuntary reaction to laugh feels good.
Mainly, I turn the TV on for background noise while I devote all my attention to my true love, my laptop. The only show I watch regularly is The Real Housewives of New York. Someone once asked me, "How can you watch these shows about women belittling and degrading each other, isn't it anti feminist?"
I do not consider RHONY anti-feminist one bit. They fight with each other, but its because of power, as they are constantly rearranging and playing for top dog. They shrug off their altercations, easily come to resolutions and have kumbaya sessions. I like how The Real Housewives are unapologetic, and don't give a shit what people think. Needless to say, the embarrassed face emoji is never in their frequently used emoji tab. They are all too busy playing biggest vagina in the room to apologize for misinterpretation and it is elating to watch high powered women act unfiltered, uninhibited and most importantly unembarrassed because it doesn't freaking matter. Its a moment in time, that is now gone, and deserves zero consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment