Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Restorative Yoga

Cleaning out my closet seemed like a good idea... until now
The other day I started my run and went into Beats to put on music. Usually this moment causes amnesia to any music I enjoy except for a certian three albums. This time though, I thought, "why not try something new? How about Eminim's album The Eminim's Show? It will be like college!"
After a couple songs I had anxiety from the angry lyrics. This album was my relaxation jam when I was taking vodka shots with my gal pals in our dorm rooms before heading out to party like we were the stars of Animal House, but now it was a total downer. I turned off the album and put on an old reliable.
This morning I opted for yoga because I felt tired and tight. The 30 minute video was not relaxing, but more agonizing, after realizing I am as tense and tight as a freaking drum.
I wasn't able to reach a calming state since my kids were running around the house and I had to keep an ear open for if one of them was trying to wash the dishes or paint on the wall. When I was trying to rock left and right in Happy Baby pose, I'd thud my body in one direction and then the other, I heard Kiki rummaging through the cutlery drawer saying, "where is a knife?"
I jumped up to find her looking at the kids plastic spoons, forks and knives (because so many toddlers are adept at cutting up their own food). She wanted the plastic knife to take to her play kitchen in her room, and in order to get back to the video, I picked one out quickly and gave it to her.
In the end of the yoga video I felt a big release and had a stern talk to myself on stretching after running. 
A headache started brewing after I woke up, and surprisingly the coffee I brewed did not make it diminish. The yoga didn't make it go away either. After the kids's music class and house cleaning, I realized the headache is because I haven't been wearing my glasses for the last couple days because I lost them in Tahoe over the weekend.
I only wear my glasses while driving and watching TV, so they mostly live in the bottom of my purse or under couch cushions, making them scratched up and crooked. 
I knew there was a spare pair somewhere in my closet, and now I'm knee deep in a mess of unfolded clothes. The clothes were never folded in the first place, but I feel some pressure to fold them before putting them back. I found my glasses in my sock drawer. I put on my newfound crooked and scratched up glasses, Cleaning Out My Closet is playing on a loop in my head, and I'm folding this pile of clothes, waiting for my headache to go away.

Some call it a face scrubber thing, and other's call it a vibrator

No comments:

Post a Comment