Friday, April 1, 2016

My Ride

Ghost Writer font
This morning I wished everyone happy April fools then checked email. I opened an email from Hot Topic and saw an ad for their new Golden Girls collection. It was so ridiculous, and as a Golden Girls fan, I was offended by the model's short silver-haired wig. A picture of a green pants suit sent my curiosity over the edge. I clicked the ad, and went to Hot Topic's Website where a big "April Fools Sucka" greeted me. I laughed, tilted my head and shook my finger at the website, saying, "You got me!"
Why does a thirty-something woman, whose not a Potter, Star Wars or Tim Burton fangirl, get emails from Hot Topic? Because aside from their movie and book memorabilia, Hot Topic is busting at the seams with cute crap that seems like the best idea at the time, a one-in-a-million treasure, but ends up lost in my sock drawer a couple days later.
Whenever you're in the mood to buy a keychain of a zebra that burps when you squeeze it, or suspenders decorated with mustaches and unicorns, then it's the perfect store to browse. I've spent twenty minutes deliberating the purchase of a bumper sticker that says, "My other car is a broomstick." I stood at the sticker rack, cackling at the thought of this great little joke affixed to the back of my car, and the good cheer I'd be spreading at every stoplight.
I would have bought the sticker if it said "My Chris Hemsworth is in the shop, so now I'm riding this heap."
April Fools! Of course I bought it! Then I made a Chris Hemsworth version for the back window.


No comments:

Post a Comment