Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Candy Pains


Candy Collecting Begins
I've had a headache for two days. I thought it might be from not making my coffee strong enough, but now I think its from recklessly eating Halloween candy. Since Saturday, I've been eating about 20-30 "fun size" candy bars a day. It's turning out to be not so fun, and bordering on compulsive, so tonight I'm throwing it all away. The kids won't even notice because I hide it all on top of the fridge since they would follow my suit, eating it till they made themselves sick. It's weird watching sugar enter the kids' blood stream, it hits them like an alcohol buzz, making them giddy, rambunctious and wild.
I see how Halloween in the 1950's was not excessive. It supplied kids with a candy score that satiated cravings built up over the months preceding, but now we have processed foods, and get our fill of sugar without having to eat candy or dessert.
I occasionally buy Pop Tarts, the organic kind, whatever that means, which means breakfast is on par with drinking a Coca Cola. My kids eat yogurt squishers, the organic kind, again, I'm not too sure how organic sugar is much different. A yougurt Squisher is a tube of yogurt thats equal parts sugar to milk. These foods are the makings of a diabetics wet dream, and they are not candy, but breakfast.

I hope dumping the added added-sugar is going to make my headache go away. Just in case my headache is from weak coffee, tomorrow I'll start the morning with a Venti Black Coffee from Starbucks because if anything is going to cure caffeine withdrawals, that'll do it. Jet Feul.

No comments:

Post a Comment