Friday, November 27, 2015

No Escape



Last Night I watched No Escape with my parents. After fifteen minutes, I was pacing in the back of the living room, and being quite vocal on how I was not a fan of this movie. I sensed each dire situation would only be followed by an equally dire situation, until the movie ended.
By the end of the movie my shoulders were sore, and I said, "Talk about sitting through an hour and a half of your worst nightmare." And, then I had a shitty nightmare. Last night, I dreamt I lost Kiki in a flea market and was frantically trying to find her.
No Escape reminded me of Delta Force, my brothers and sisters favorite movie of my childhood. My parents were not big on following Parental Guidance ratings, so my four year old brother spent most of his day reenacting Chuck Norris kicking ass, or acting as a marine being beaten to death by the armrest of an airplane seat.
I had more refined taste as a child, and my go to film at 7 years old was Pretty Woman. I'd set an alarm clock to watch this movie before school. And can't even help myself from saying lines from the movie after microscopic cues. When someone suggests laying down, or a picnic, I spit out, "Lay like broccoli," and they, understandably, look at me like, "That doesn't make any fucking sense!"
Well, that shit makes sense to a seven year old because they are still allowed to live in their own private universe.

No Escape was all about blood pumping fear. It makes me want to delay travel plans, and move to a smaller city. However, plane tickets are already bought, and fighting with an airline is as enjoyable as watching movies with a backdrop of actors being bludgeoned to death. I'm sure chocolate covered macadamia nuts will relax me, and I'll get some leashes for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment