Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Gossiping About My Instagram Friends

The beginning of second lunch
Since I have a short list of friends, I follow a couple celebrities on Instagram. They pick up the slack of having not much to look at by posting throughout the day. Who knew Miley Cyrus was such a scandalous stoner? I now do because she frequently posts pictures of herself smoking enormous joints while topless or wearing pasties on her tits.
I am not sure why I follow Taylor Swift, but I do. Unlike Miley Cyrus, who seems like she'd be a great drinking and dancing mate, Taylor seems more like the kind of girl who hates the taste of beer, and would rather spend her evening painting nails and talking about how many people like her.
She posts pictures of her with her supermodel friends doing fun things, like jumping on the beach or riding on a boat at sunset. She also posts pictures from her concerts, and yesterday as I was going through my feed I saw a picture of Taylor standing with her supermodel brigade, but there was an unusual appendage to her women chain. Lena Dunham clung on to the end, looking like one of the supermodel's prepubescent little sister.
I watched the first two seasons of Girls, but then had to jump ship because I am a smidgen too old for it. Although I think the show is great and meaningful, it's out of my demographic, and I found myself saying things like, "those entitled shits," as I sipped Sanka and rubbed the bunions on my feet.
After Dunham's book came out there was a big hubbub about her acting like a child molester or some shit to her little sister. Dunham's shock jock joke was twisted into being literal at the beginning of a smear campaign against her by people who were probably propelled by envy.
Today I learned she is putting out a newsletter, joining the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP and Blake Lively's Preserve. I didn't sign up for the newsletter, but I am guessing that it will be much like the others; a back patting introduction, followed by a self improvement piece, and then a long list of items available for purchase that will get you further down the path to enlightenment, or something close to enlightenment, like perfection.
I'm not sure what Dunham is going to sling because she is such a hodgepodge. Perhaps she will offer earrings fashioned after miniature dream catchers, or little socks to put on your hipster dog. Maybe her and Taylor Swift are great gal pals, but maybe this photo is PR recon for any damage done by the book smear campaign. I guess hanging out with a group of supermodels is the fastest way to ease people's minds on joking about pedophilia tendencies, and start selling dog socks through a newsletter.

Yesterday I was chatting on the phone with a real life friend who I am seeing this coming weekend. We were commiserating on how the worst part of frequently having nighttime drinks is the accompanying fat roll. The last time we spoke we were gearing up for the weekend reunion, and both resounded we aren't going to consume any alcohol until we meet up.
That statement jinxed me, and I had drinks the next three nights. It was as if I hung up, and the phone rang one minute later with someone saying, "I'm having a BBQ, come over, and bring beer." Then my short term memory failed me, and I responded, "I'm already there, and I ordered us a keg to tap."
Now that I'm finally getting on board with cleansing my liver, I have been getting ridiculous amounts of sleep. Last night I went to bed at 9, the night before 8. The baby somehow realized he doesn't need to teach me a lesson for staying up too late because he is sleeping in later than he has ever slept in before, 7am.
I might have to drink a beer tonight because things are functioning too efficiently around here. This morning we were eating lunch at 10:30am, and then had to have two lunches. I'm not sure if that's working harder or working smarter, but I am sure I don't want to eat two lunches. And looking at a picture of a bunch of supermodels is an easy way to realize that. I guess my Instagram friends are teaching me a thing or two.

Working harder... I don't want to go through all these pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment