Thursday, January 22, 2015

Big mistake... Huge

Last night I made a big mistake, huge! Baby George started crying around 2:30am. Usually he is a baby I can brag about; sleeps like a champ and always happy. For the last week he has been a real son of a ... Wait, never mind, a real pain in the neck, and has not taken a nap. He walks around his crib, throws all his toys, shouts and talks to himself for an hour and a half. 



Attempting to move his nap time to 30 minutes later kind of worked, except he fell asleep when I'd usually go get him up, and was sitting up with his head nodding to the side every couple minutes rousing him enough to have his eyes pop open but then shut back to sleep again.


Last night he started crying at 2:30, and usually I'd just let him cry for a minute and he drifts back to sleep. Since we have awful colds right now, I became worried about him crying. Also, before bedtime he was playing in a laundry basket and fell over onto his head, so I was paranoid he needed extra TLC.
I went into his room, which likely surprised him more than anything.  He came in my arms and snuggled, such a nice moment, for about 5 minutes, then he thought it was party time.
He sits up and with his eyes twinkling, gives me this huge smile. I swallowed hard and thought, oh fuck, I've been bamboozled by this baby!"
For the next 3 hours I worked on getting him back to sleep. My daughter woke up around 4 and joined in on the shit show. When evey one was back to sleep a little after 5, I was hopeful we'd get to sleep in; a fruitless expectation.
Today my lungs feel like they're full of spider webs. My kids must feel awful because, even though it's much less than they'd drink when healthy, they are drinking milk in this horrible flem state.
Yesterday, I thought I had a pimple on my jawline. I figured it was caused by reading books with the kids in my lap, their heads resting on my chin, or from all the yogurt I have been eating lately. I'm supposed to be nondairy since it gives me monster zits, but each day I'm eating their leftover yogurt. They open a yogurt and take one bite, and then I'm forced to eat it in order to avoid wasting $2. Thriftiness trumping vanity.
I was pinching this horrid pimple hoping to pop it, but it didn't do anything but make it hurt. All night as I was trying to get George to fall asleep he kept smashing his head into it. Now it is purple and hurts so badly to the touch.

Presently, I don't think it is a pimple at all, but a swollen gland from my cold, and pinching it was way more stupid than pinching a pimple. I have spent all morning worried that pinching a gland will lead to thyroid issues and I'm going to gain 200 pounds. 
Luckily, because George had the worst night sleep ever last night (no joke, it really was because even as a newborn he slept through the night; perfect baby) he finally took a nap today. Hopefully this is going to ripple us back onto our normal schedule that went to shit from 3 weeks of travel for the holidays. Not worth blowing a gland over, but a welcome backlash to being up all night.







No comments:

Post a Comment