Sunday, November 8, 2015

Low Ponytail

Paul and I have a similar sense of hairstyle
About ten years ago I went to China. On the flight, my sister was fighting a bout of nasty food poisoning she caught from eating expired soy ice-cream sandwiches she found at The Grocery Outlet. I warned her it was a bad idea, but she couldn't pass up the deal, and here she was looking like she's bringing bird flu back, and potentially keeping us from entering the country. The long flight gave her plenty of time to recover.
I wandered around the plane, and found my brother in a galley where he and a group of men were congregating, pretending to drink water while commiserating over being crammed into seats that are too small for them.
My sweat pants were rolled up to my knees, and my hair was in a low pony tail. I looked comfortable, dressing for a long flight. My brother, the funny guy he is, said, "Hey, Paul Revere. You forgot your vest."
I stood next to him, laughing in my cotton civil-war-like trousers and no-frills, functional, biker hairstyle. Then a flight attended told everyone to go back to their seats, there is no congregating in the plane. If only we were on British Airways, then I could have come up warning the group, "The British are coming," but we were on a shitty airline that finds itself in the news because their planes blow up on the runway, and, even worse, aren't equipped with in-flight movies. 
After many hours, my sister recovered, and we landed in China; living to see another day and further tempt fate with low budget airlines and expired Grocery Outlet food.

Work it

No comments:

Post a Comment