Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Dream Statistical Studies



Will my job as Hausfrau continue?
I applied to a writing position at an analytics company and I feel unsure about my answer to the question, "What statistical studies would you find most interesting?"
I have hundreds of ideas. My top choice is studying lottery winners and comparing them to the rest of the population, trying to assess if they have some type of enlightenment, have felt they were lucky people, have been able to visualize things in their life, and if they spent hours thinking about winning. It seems like most of the pictures where people are holding giant Lotto checks are with old people. I am wondering if the stationary lifestyle of old people, allow them a lot of time to dedicate to meditating on winning, regardless if they were doing it intentionally. It would be a complicated study because it involves lengthy interviews, and much of the variables are not quantifiable.
Secondly, I want to study the effects of masturbation. I want to know if it extinguishes motivation or ambition. If someone is on an upswing and kicking ass, will masturbating make their engines decelerate? I once saw an interview with Chelsea Handler where she said, she had not masturbated in over 15 years. She was climbing the success ladder at a rapid pace during this interview. After I read Horizontal Life (fucking hilarious) she popped out 5 more books in no time at all, then started hosting a TV show, and now she has some shit on Netflix. Could she attribute her work ethic and laser focus determination on her decision to abstain from personally pleasuring herself. That goes for others on top, as well. It would be interesting to compare their masturbating habits with the working man (not the unemployed person, who is likely yanking away at it multiple times a day out of boredom.)
Even if the findings showed masturbating is like taking two steps back on the journey to success, I don't really think too many people would refrain.  Masturbating would become one of those things, like using plastic bags or frequently eating meat, where we all know it is bad for our overall global health, but it's easily overlooked. That moment of feeling bored and all alone will eventually come around, and then the lightbulb overhead turns on, and the idea is born in that moment, "I should probably masturbate, while I have the chance. It could be ages till I get the opportunity again."
Thirdly, I'd like to study astrological charts, and find if they're statistically significant characteristics attributed to signs. For example, someone told me there is an overwhelming proportion of Playboy centerfolds who are Cancers, I think he said 70%. So are Cancerians more sexual, or perhaps more likely to engage in acts because they are inclined to abuse drugs and alcohol, and have a poor sense of direction. I also read that Cancers have a longer lifespan, on average. Although it's all averages, it is still interesting.

I'm worried my answers came off a bit too "Cosmo girl," and they really wanted me to answer, "I am into studies on technology devices, and video games." I hoped to give the impression, "I'm Malcolm Gladwell with slightly tamer hair, and a vagina. I am a rouge researcher, getting to the issues that really fucking matter; figuring out how to win the lotto, deciding if masturbating is worth it, and if there is anything to astrology."
I'm not convinced I am taken out of the running for the position, even though I haven't heard from them in a month. Maybe I will lay here the rest of the night thinking about it. Who knows, they might call tomorrow? I doubt the lotto winners ever regretted the time they spent thinking about spending the millions they were about to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment