Monday, January 25, 2016

Dress To Unimpress

This hair might give me away
Someone asked me what I wear to my lectures. They thought I'd come into class looking like the cool teacher in black skinny jeans and a leather coat. I had to explain that I intentionally dress the opposite of cool because I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am cool.
I dress like a male scientist who graduated from MIT in 1975. It is a look that screams, "I like to read, a lot!" And, "I'm just passing time till the 2016 Analytics Convention after party."
My hair has taken on a life of its own since I returned to brown after bleaching it for a year, and can almost stand up on end. So I oil it down and wrap it in a tight military bun.
A couple people gave me the advice to be animated in class, like putting on a performance. I'm basically doing a drag show, so I'd say, that's entertainment.
Maybe in a couple weeks I will remove some layers and let the cool out of the bag. Although, I'm really growing fond of my oversized suit jackets, it's like being wrapped in a hug. Those MIT scientists are on to something... Other than all those other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment